We appreciate the trust and confidence you place in us to provide you with your best eye health and sight correction.
COVID-19 Office Protocol
Your safety is our top priority as we do our part to reduce the spread of Covid-19. We appreciate your cooperation as we strive to keep our office safe and healthy for our staff and patients.
What you need to know:
- We have altered our scheduling to allow for minimal exposure of patients to each other, and we continue to ask patients to come to appointments alone.
- Every patient must wear a mask; if you do not have a face covering that covers your mouth and nose, you will not be allowed in the office.
- When you arrive at our office, please wait in your car and call or text our front desk at 708-636-0600. Our front office staff will welcome you in at your appointment time.
- Pre-screening and temperature checks will be done upon entry. If you have felt ill or had a fever in the past 48 hours, please stay home. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be seen.
- We have always thoroughly cleaned rooms between patient visits, but since the arrival of Covid-19, staff conducts a detailed cleaning of entire exam rooms between each patient as well as frequent cleaning of common areas.
- We are following strict CDC guidelines for cleaning and sterilization throughout the entire office.
Please reach out to our staff if you have any questions about our Covid-19 policies. Thank you for your help in reducing the spread!
About Your First Appointment
Please arrive approximately 10 to 15 minutes early for your first appointment. You may wish to arrive even earlier in order to select a new frame prior to your examination.
Please complete your paperwork in advance. Please allow for approximately 1 to 1 1⁄2 hours for your first examination.
On the day of your scheduled office visit:
- Please complete and submit all forms under the patient forms.
- Any glasses you currently use (clear glasses, sunglasses, reading glasses, computer glasses, etc.)
- Your current contact lenses (including the boxes). You may wear your lenses to the examination if desired.
- Your medical history including current medications and dosages.
- Your insurance card, if applicable (medical and vision discount plan)
Once you have scheduled and reserved an appointment in the unfortunate event you are unable to keep your appointment, for any reason, we kindly request your 48 hour advance call to reschedule.
We request payment for your non-covered eye health fees at the time services are provided, including your responsibility for co-payments and deductibles.
Your eyewear is very carefully custom crafted specifically for you. We will request payment prior to ordering so we may start the laboratory process to complete them in a timely manner for you.
When your new eyewear is precise and meets our demand we will call you for a finished fitting and alignment. We look forward to providing you with excellence in your eye health care!
What to Expect
Here’s what you may expect and what we request in order to make your office visit effective and efficient for you. It is a 7 step process and we will be with you for approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.
1. Initial Testing
A technician will complete tests that the doctor needs before the doctor examines your eyes.
2. Dilating Your Eyes
The doctors at Davis Eyecare routinely dilate the pupils of the eyes in order to obtain a thorough view of the interior structures of the eye. Without pupil dilation, the doctor will not be able to completely evaluate your eye health and may not detect certain diseases and disorders. Pupil dilation usually results in blurry near vision and increased light sensitivity for 3 to 6 hours.
Although most patients have minimal effect upon their distance vision and feel comfortable driving after dilation, it is possible that you may not see well enough to drive safely. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to be transported by other means if you feel that your vision is too blurry to drive safely following dilation. It is also your responsibility to notify the doctor and staff if you do not wish to have your eyes dilated or would prefer to reschedule the dilation.
3. Doctor Evaluation
The doctor will examine the health of your eyes, address your questions, and provide advice and choice.
4. Optical and Contact lenses
If required, optical will follow the doctor’s advice and will accurately fill your prescriptions.
5. Pre-appoint and Checkout
We will schedule your next exam at checkout and collect any fees or co-payments from you on the day of service.
6. Your Scheduled Return
In the event you will return for additional diagnostic testing, at the request of the doctor, we will schedule for your convenience.
7. To DECREASE your wait time at the office
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE, fill out all forms, and BRING all finished paperwork to your appointment 15 minutes before your reserved doctor visit.